Off to the Kimberleys

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off to the Kimberleys

I must apologise for not being very active lately, but I have been preparing for an 8 week trip to the Kimberleys. I've been busy beefing up the suspension og the fourby and rewiring the camper as the standard wiring was very light and I did not want to risk a meltdown while we were in some remote location.
    I will try and post a daily photo, depending on internet connection. It will probably on ly be taken with an Ipad, but there will be plenty of DSLR images when I get back.

Here's the itinerary:

Tooradin
    Renmark
    Hawker
    Farina
    Marree
    Haligan Bay
    Mount Dare
    Chambers Pillar
    Boggy Hole
    Palm Valley
    Alice Springs
    Red Bank Gorge
    Sandy Blight Junction
    Kiwikurra
    Carawine Gorge
    Marble Bar
    80 Mile Beach
    Broome
    Derby
    Windjana Gorge
    Mt. Hart Homestead
    Bell Gorge
    Manning gorge
    Drysdale River Station
    Mitchell Plateau
    Drysdale
    Wyndham
    Katherine
    Tennant Creek
    Alice Springs
    Coober Pedy
    Port Pirie
    Horsham
    Tooradin

All packed up, hooked up and ready to go.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2017 Winter Trip 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	271.5 KB
ID:	5373

Click image for larger version

Name:	Winter-Trip.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	145.5 KB
ID:	5374

Looks like quite a good trek John, should be plenty of photo opportunities along the way.
    I hope it all goes to plan for you.
    Looking forward to seeing your progress pics, iPad is fine.
    Cheers, Brad.

Comment

• Gary H
      Gary H commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm not normally a jealous person, but in this case ............... What a fantastic trip, so keep those photos coming. And if you need someone to let the tyres down, and pump them up again, or fetch the water, or boil the billy, or whatever, don't hesitate to ring.. Have a safe trip.

Cheers, Gary

• dee kay
      dee kay commented
      Editing a comment
      What a wonderful itinerary You are so lucky to be able to do this.Cant wait to see a photo of BOGGY HOLE. Stay safe Dee Kay..

Just saw a post that you had called in at Ironwood's - looking at your map it seems you may have turned right instead of left at Alice Springs.
    I'm still available to boil your billy, or even navigate! Hope the trip is going well - looking forward to lots of photos.

Cheers, Gary

Comment

• Ironwood
      Ironwood commented
      Editing a comment
      You are correct Gary, John did take a right turn and is now heading down the Qld coast. I will leave him to tell the story when he gets back on the forum.

Looking forward to your photos GJ. Enjoy your well earned trek and most of all - stay safe.

Comment

G'day John, hope the trip is going well. If you travel down the coast through Sydney we would be pleased to catch up with you. When not home in the big smoke we can be found two hours south and have plenty of room for visitors or campers to stay, at Lake Wollumboola, near Nowra.

Cheers, Gary

Comment

Working...
      X