Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Landscape.

Baldwin art centre. Maui Hi.

Hi stuarta, Welcome to the forum. Are you from Hawaii or were you there on holidays?

Can you tell us a bit about the scene you have photographed. It would help us to understand your image better. I am a little confused in trying to relate the title to your image - that may be my fault not yours!

Are you interested in my photography course which commenced this week?
    http://photoforums.com.au/forum/phot...ow-your-camera

Cheers
    Bob

Comment

The reason I was confused is that I saw no connection between the image and the title. I assume it is an image of the gardens at the Baldwin art centre, but not having been to Hawaii there was no obvious connection.
      In respect of the image, itis hard to be sure that what I am seeing as being soft focus and perhaps a narrow depth of field is not just a result of the image be downsized and converted to a low quality jpeg image.

My initial impression is that it is slightly overexposed - there is no detail in the clouds and the shadows are rather weak. Have you done any editing of the image or is it straight from the camera?

If you would like to post details of your camera and lens, and if available, the exposure values, whether it was taken as a RAW image or jpeg and details of any editing, I would be happy to give you a more detailed critique.

Cheers

Bob.

Comment

That previous image was an old house. Guess I got this one in the wrong slot.

Comment

• Grumpy John
          Grumpy John commented
          Editing a comment
          No, this is the correct place if you're looking for critique of your images. As bob indicated a bit of info regard the scene and equipment used would come in handy. Also please share with us the overall feel, or impact you were hoping to achieve with the image, it helps anyone trying to give advice.

I realize that after posting the image. I was not after C&C. But no way I can see of deleting it. Attempting to delete I get the response" you are not entittled to view this page".
        Last edited by stuarta; 6th February 2018, 09:29 PM. Reason: Added info.

Comment

• Grumpy John
          Grumpy John commented
          Editing a comment
          Okay, do you want the picture to appear in Landscapes?
      Working...
      X