An uncompleted project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An uncompleted project

Earlier this year a Facebook Photography group I'm in started a Project 366, where you took a photo every day and submitted it on line. There were weekly themes such as Colour Blue, Blur, Seasonal, etc. The photo's did not have to be competition quality, participation and getting outside your comfort zone was the main object of the project. I lasted 10 weeks

Here are some of my better entries.

Theme - Photographers Choice, taken at the annual carnival at Mordialloc. Practice for the upcoming Blur theme.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Mordy-Carny.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	2089

Theme - Blue

Name:	Blue.jpg
Size:	237.3 KB
ID:	2090

Theme - Blue

Name:	Blue-1.jpg
Size:	194.2 KB
ID:	2091

Theme - Seasonal

Name:	Seasonal.jpg
Size:	155.2 KB
ID:	2092

Theme - Monochrome

Name:	Monochrome.jpg
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	2093

Theme - Blur Panning

Name:	Blurr.jpg
Size:	158.1 KB
ID:	2094

Theme - Blur Zoom blur

Name:	Blur-2.jpg
Size:	171.9 KB
ID:	2095

I like the Blur Panning shot John, well done.

I tried to do a themed "52" thread last year and failed as well, I think I got up to about 10 before I gave it away.

Some of the ones I was pleased with-

Abandoned

Name:	DSC_7644.jpg
Size:	252.7 KB
ID:	2097

Looking up

Name:	DSC_7974.jpg
Size:	208.2 KB
ID:	2098

Close up

Name:	DSC_8759.jpg
Size:	245.3 KB
ID:	2099

Springs

Name:	DSC_7705.jpg
Size:	167.4 KB
ID:	2100

Cheers, Brad.

Comment

Did you find it hard to maintain momentum? Running you own business and finding time to do a daily shoot must have left you exhausted?

Comment

The 52 was one image per week for one year. I opted for what I thought would be the easy way, and that was to use the set themes, but in any order I chose for the week.
        It started off well, and I really enjoyed it, but after about 8 weeks ( I think it was ) I started to lose momentum, I mainly shoot things that are very close to home, so when I started to have to go a bit further to chase the themes it started to become a chore and I lost interest pretty quickly.
        I think if I had more spare time on my hands I would have kept going with it.

This year I am also doing a "52". I chose my own subject, it is 52 critters in my backyard. Its a mix of insects, spiders, birds and animals that I have taken within the boundaries of my property. I am up to #37, I am lagging by about 2 weeks, I have some images I can post, just have to find the time to ID the subjects properly, and commit to posting them.
        Cheers, Brad.

Comment

Same here, we're about 65K out of Melbourne and the group I am in is Melbourne based. I could do some of the themes near home, but like you I found myself having to ravel.

Comment

I think if you can make it easy for yourself with the themes the chance you will keep going with it increases.
            Where I am doing my 52, there is one guy that is doing one without any themes, he just posts his favourite pic of the week, thats a real easy way to do one.
            Cheers, Brad.

Comment

Sounds like we need to run a 52 on this forum easy to no theme. What I mean by that is we do not need a theme every week but just to spice it up we can throw one in every now and then that way it is not a constant chore also the theme could be something easy that everyone could find at home like a color.
              Would people be interested in this?
              Cheers Rum Pig

It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Comment

• Grumpy John
                Grumpy John commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm in. I'll set up a Channel called Project 11, which will take us to the end of the year.

• Rum Pig
                Rum Pig commented
                Editing a comment
                Sounds great John let me know if I can help

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X