A simple (?) test

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A simple (?) test

Can you tell the difference - one is shot at 100 ISO and the other at 6400 ISO Which one is which?
    Image #1
    Click image for larger version

Name:	6400ISO.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	304.1 KB
ID:	7903

Image #2
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ISO100edit-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	358.5 KB
ID:	7902

No cheating by looking at the image info
    Good luck
    Bob

Should have said that both have been processed identically in Lightroom and both images are at 100% image size.
    Bob

Comment

Just wondering if the slightly different colour of the two images is caused by the different ISO's. I'm guessing #2 is the 100 ISO image as it is slightly cleaner. IIRC you are a Nikon user Bob, if you were a Canon user the 6400 image would be a lot noisier DAMHIKT :-)

Comment

My guess is also #2 for 100iso, the barcode on the RHS of the image is what I based my decision on, it looks better on image 2.
        Cheers, Brad.

Comment

• Grumpy John
          Grumpy John commented
          Editing a comment
          My thoughts also.

Well done to both of you.Perhaps isac should create a "pass" certificate for you - and also a distinction for John who picked up the other unwanted effect of increasing ISO "the slightly different colour of the two images is caused by the different ISO's"

We will look at the use , abuse and side effects of ISO in Part 3 of the "Understanding you Camera" tutorials.

Well done
        Bob.

Comment

Working...
        X