Resizing images with MS Paint.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resizing images with MS Paint.

This is addressed to all those using MS Windows PC's with the original MS Paint (not Paint 3D). I'm probably preaching to the already converted.

MS Paint is a quick, simple and cheap way to resize your images for uploading to the internet.

Open your large (eg 4000 x 3000 pixels) original camera image. You will see that you can only see a very small portion of the top left corner of the image without using the sliders.

I'll divert here a moment and say you could use this time to crop your image before you resize. You can do that in MS Paint as well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	resize in paint 1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	8226

You will notice the image size and file size at the bottom of the image.

Click on Resize in the Toolbar. The Resize and Skew panel will open.

Click on the Pixels radio button. The image size will be displayed in the boxes.

Enter 1024 in the Horizontal box. Provided the Maintain Aspect Ratio box is checked, the correct vertical size will appear in the box.

Click on OK. The resized image will now be displayed. (Note, The dog is not real).

Name:	resize in paint 2.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	8227

You can now see the new image size and file size at the bottom of the screen.

Click on File, Select Save As, choose your target directory and name your photo. Click on Save.

Good day Red,
    Thanks for the info, I use Paint, however it will not open a large file. Did you have to reset any of the controls?
    Regards, Dennis

Comment

Hi Dennis,
      No, I have not reset any settings. As you can see here, Paint opened a 4608 x 3456 px image and resized it to 1024x768 px. The file size reduced from 3.5 Mb to 391.7 kb.

Name:	rbr b4.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	118.5 KB
ID:	8243

Name:	rbr post.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	155.0 KB
ID:	8244
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Red, I will check my laptop and check MS online. It won’t open the RAW files, I tried renaming them as JPG.
        That may be the problem. I will let you know how I go.
        Regards, Dennis

Comment

You are quite possibly correct with the RAW comment. I don't shoot in RAW, .jpeg only. Although my current camera shoots a verion of RAW, I've never done anything with it. Occasionally I think I should have a go at it.

Comment

Working...
          X