Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project 52 # 49 "Old and New"

Project 52 # 49 "Old and New"

THIS weeks topic is "Old and New". Both OLD and NEW to be included in the image.

For those that are not sure what is going on here are our very basic rule/ideas.
    This is a friendly competition/project with the prize each week of fame and the chance to select the next weeks theme and winner.
    Post your pics (or one if that is all you can muster) on the theme. The photos do not need to be award wining photos; they can be from a phone or any camera - the idea is to take of photo of your interpretation of the theme, not get published in a photography journal.
    The theme should be able to be photographed reasonably close to where you live, so no need to travel great distances. this way it should only take people a few minutes to participate.
    The photos should be taken within the week of the theme as the idea is to get you out there snapping not trolling through old images.
    You can post old images for inspiration but not as part of the project.
    As this is an honesty system, if you do post a photo taken outside the challenge dates, please state that its an old photo .

If I have missed anything please post it so we can sort it out. Remember this is meant to be fun and there are no sheep stations up for grabs.
    I would encourage those watching from the sidelines to have a go, there is nothing to lose, you can only gain.

To make it easy for the person choosing next weeks theme, just cut and paste this whole post into your new thread, and change the dates and and theme to suit.

NOTE- Unless changed by public vote, these challenges will finish each Monday night at 8 PM

One for starters. My old 1974 Fender Mustang Guitar and my brand spanking new Boss Katana 100/212 100 watt amplifier.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Fender-Mustang-Boss-Katana.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	199.8 KB
ID:	7692

Good choice, Isac. There is unlimited scope in "Old and New" as just about everything we can think of has both. Should be lots of entries this week, so how about some of our newer friends join in. Not sure how to submit a photo? Just read the section on the home page. Or ask for help by using the comments button. Here is, hopefully, the first of many.

And, yes, the Sony Mavica still works fine - but maximum 12 shots on its SD(?) card.

Name:	Old & New 1.JPG
Size:	225.7 KB
ID:	7714

Comment

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      Well done with this Gary. It reminded me that I still have the original 5¼" disks!! I do hope we get lots of entries.

• Ironwood
      Ironwood commented
      Editing a comment
      Gary, you stole my idea , ( is that a case of "great minds think alike " ? ) though the Box Brownie I was going to sit beside my Nikon, is a bit older than your Mavica.

• Gary H
      Gary H commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Isac, and sorry Brad. First I steal dee kay's Jacaranda idea, and now Brads's old and new camera idea. Either I'm psychic or I should change my name to Klepto. Let's see if tomorrow's entry steals someone's thunder. Stay tuned.

Cheers, Gary Klepto

My two "printers" - there's only 112 years between them. And, no, I didn't buy the LC Smith new !

Name:	_DSC9180_1.JPG
Size:	340.3 KB
ID:	7731

Comment

• dee kay
      dee kay commented
      Editing a comment
      Fantastic! I think I will go scratch around in the garage or even under the house..

It might be in your favour to have the old and new linked in some way, like my sample image. I still use the old guitar and the new amp - 'cause I'm still playing in our original 60's cover band (formed in 1975). Not that you have to play in a band, if you get my rift - sorry "drift".

Comment

Here's another way to show "Old & New"

Name:	SHB old and new.jpg
Size:	165.4 KB
ID:	7741

Comment

A few I spotted in the garden this morning....

Name:	DSC_4202.jpg
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	7747

Name:	DSC_4225.jpg
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	7748

Name:	DSC_4229.jpg
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	7749
        Cheers, Brad.

Comment

And a couple more....

Name:	DSC_4205.jpg
Size:	189.7 KB
ID:	7751

Name:	DSC_4222.jpg
Size:	195.1 KB
ID:	7752
          Cheers, Brad.

Comment

I am glad I got these in before Gary

Name:	DSC_4232.jpg
Size:	187.3 KB
ID:	7754

Name:	DSC_4243.jpg
Size:	190.9 KB
ID:	7755
            Cheers, Brad.

Comment

• Gary H
              Gary H commented
              Editing a comment
              Good ones, Brad. You got in before me on these 'cos I have to wait for next month's pocket money.

• Ironwood
              Ironwood commented
              Editing a comment
              I thought you would have that printer set up to make your own Gary

• Gary H
              Gary H commented
              Editing a comment
              Tried it, Brad, but couldn't get the right colour typewriter ribbon. Oh oh, I guess you mean the OTHER printer.

Name:	DSCN0214.JPG
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	7763
            Old Willow pattern cup...at least 100yrs old.and new retro cup and milk jug.

Name:	DSCN0208.JPG
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	7764
            My very first digital camera about from the late 90s and my new digital Nikon.Dont you just love the colour.?

Comment

Sorry for the delay people - unavoidable. Very difficult to chose a winner this time around. I chose Ironwood's daylily as this weeks winner. Well photographed and a very subtle depiction of the old and new growth, although in a short time frame. All others were well done and a lot of thought went into it, digging up old and new goodies. It does show how far we've come (in such a short space of time). I hope you enjoyed participating and look forward to Ironwood's next genre.

Name:	49-Ironwood-OldNew.png
Size:	151.9 KB
ID:	7766

Comment

Thanks for choosing my image Isac, I was surprised when I saw you had picked the Day Lilly. There were plenty of good entries this week, well done to Gary and DeeKay.
                Cheers, Brad.

Comment

• dee kay
                  dee kay commented
                  Editing a comment
                  A very belated well done to you.
              Working...
              X