Project 11 #9- Black and White.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project 11 #9- Black and White.

From now until 8pm Saturday 24th December '16, post your "Black and White" pics, open to your interpretation, anything goes ( well as long as it abides by the rules of the forum )

For those that are not sure what is going on here I will list the basic rule/ideas.

This is a friendly competition/project with the prize each week of fame and the chance to select the next weeks theme and winner.
    Each week a new thread with be started to announce the new theme and post your pics.
    Post two pics(or one if that is all you can muster) on the theme. The photos do not need to be award wining photos they can even be from a phone or any camera the idea is to take of photo of your interpretation of the theme not get published in a photography journal.
    The theme should be able to be photographed around the average home so no themes like water falls etc. this way it should only take people a few minutes to participate.
    The photos need to be taken within the week of the theme as the idea is to get you out there snapping not trolling through old images. You can post old images for inspiration but not as part of the comp/Project.

If I have missed anything please post it so we can sort it out. Remember this is meant to be fun and there are no sheep stations up for grabs.
    I would encourage those watching from the sidelines to have a go, there is nothing to lose, you can only gain.

To make it easy for the person choosing next weeks theme, just cut and paste this whole post into your new thread, and change the dates and and theme to suit.

Cheers, Brad.

Taken at Phillip Island Nikon D200 50mm f1.4 lens 1/250 sec @ f6.3 Converted to B&W in Lightroom and Photoshop

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1507.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	405.1 KB
ID:	3849

Last edited by oldgreybeard; 19th December 2016, 08:15 PM.

Comment

• Grumpy John
      Grumpy John commented
      Editing a comment
      Very nice capture and conversion, you've set the bar pretty high Bob

• oldgreybeard
      oldgreybeard commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks John

• Rum Pig
      Rum Pig commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice photo

{"data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"3840","data-size":"large"} Couple of my workmates back in the day. Taken on my old 35mm Pentax
    Last edited by Old-Biker-UK; 19th December 2016, 03:52 AM.

Comment

OK how do I show the image full size.
      This new forum is not easy for an old pensioner.........
      Last edited by Old-Biker-UK; 19th December 2016, 08:23 AM.

Comment

• Ironwood
        Ironwood commented
        Editing a comment
        At the top of the page on the menu bar, click on "how to upload images" . All will be revealed

When all else fails, read the instructions....................

Name:	london-mus1bweb.jpg
Size:	162.0 KB
ID:	3853

Couple of workmates back in the day
      Taken with my old Pentax 35mm

Comment

• Ironwood
        Ironwood commented
        Editing a comment
        That's an interesting photo. You have got me wondering what is the story with the scaffolding on your mate ?

Yanga Woolshed nead Balranald NSW. Converted in lightroom and photoshop - 11 adjustment layers.

Name:	YangaB&W.jpg
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	3864

Cheers
      Bob

Comment

• Grumpy John
        Grumpy John commented
        Editing a comment
        I love going through the old wool/shearing sheds, so much atmosphere. They lend themselves to B/W and sepia treatment very well.
        Great shot Bob.

I just haven't been getting much of a chance to get out with the camera lately, except for a bit of work related stuff, and an insurance claim job.
      I got home a bit early this afternoon, so I headed for the garden to get a couple of shots for the B&W thread....

Name:	DSC_2782.jpg
Size:	123.8 KB
ID:	3875

Name:	DSC_2847.jpg
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	3876
      Cheers, Brad.

Comment

• Grumpy John
        Grumpy John commented
        Editing a comment
        I really like #2.

• Ironwood
        Ironwood commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks John.

These are all from the same image, just different presets in NIK....

Name:	DSC_2792 (1).jpg
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	3878

Name:	DSC_2792 (2).jpg
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	3879

Name:	DSC_2792.jpg
Size:	127.4 KB
ID:	3880
      Cheers, Brad.

Comment

Ironwood
        I used to work in a museum and the guy in the gibbet was part of a Newgate Prison display. Occasionally we would take him outside for a bit of fresh air....................
        Mark

Comment

Taken with Canon 7D and Sigma 24-105 @f22 1/50th ISO100.
          Converted in Photoshop with Nic Silver Effex Pro 2.

Name:	B-W.jpg
Size:	276.5 KB
ID:	3886

Comment

Sorry I am a bit late with the finale.
            Thanks Bob, Mark, and John for participating, I guess everyone else might be tied up with Christmas festivities.

The winner for the B&W week is Bob, for the woodshed image, congratulations Bob. Your turn to set the topic for the next one Mate.
            Cheers, Brad.

Comment

thanks Brad. Just about to leave for Christmas dinner with the family so will post something in the morning.

Comment

Working...
              X